After a lengthy beta period ADPinger 126.96.36.199 is now ready for release.
I’d like to thank everyone that took the time to download and try out the beta, and a special thanks to those that submitted feedback.
Based on your suggestions and comments ADPinger has gone through a complete re-design and has grown to become much more than a simple tool used to identify old and unused computer accounts.
At its core ADPinger is now designed to perform an action you specify on a large number of remote devices rapidly, and with minimal network impact.
Using ADPinger you can now ping, reboot, scan for files, scan for directories, copy files, delete files, or interact with remote services on thousands of devices in just a few minutes.
- Load From File – instead of only being able to pull computers directly from Active Directory you can now specify a custom list of computers via .txt or .csv file
- Additional functionality:
- Ping – send ICMP requests to thousands of devices. Generate robust reports and track inactivity over time. Use this data to identify old and unused computer accounts, or just get an overall health status of an OU.
- Reboot – send custom reboot commands to thousands of devices you specify or reboot an entire OU.
- Scan for file – look for a file on any remote device you specify. Generate robust reports if devices do/do not have the file you are looking for.
- Scan for directory – look for a directory on any remote device you specify. Generate robust reports if devices do/do not have the directory you are looking for.
- Copy File – Copy a file to thousands of remote devices. Copy a file to an entire OU.
- Delete File – Delete a file from thousands of devices. Delete a file from an entire OU. (Be careful!)
- Services – Get service status, restart a service, stop a service, or start a service on thousands of remote devices.
- Completely redesigned GUI to accommodate new functionality
- Improved Error Handling
- Improved Error Messages
- Improved Report Saving
- Bug fixes – addressed issue that was occurring when user did multiple scans back-to-back without closing down program. ADPinger is now capable of multiple simultaneous runs.